The Government, Energy Suppliers and Local Authorities all offer grants to help you reduce your fuel bills. The current scheme is called ECO3 which stands for Energy Company Obligation. The Energy Companies are obligated to reduce carbon emissions to help the Government reach targets to reduce carbon emissions by 2050. The ECO3 scheme has been designed to prioritise people living in fuel poverty by providing insulation grants and funding for heating system upgrades.
There are several ways you can qualify for funding. The first is to receive a qualifying benefit from the list below. Not all benefits are means tested so many people now qualify for ECO funding that didn’t previously:
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Benefit (Income Thresholds Apply)
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Working Tax & Child Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
Not on benefits? No problem! We have access to over 50 Local Authority flexible eligibility schemes. This is where Local Councils set their own criteria to prioritise people within their specific borough. Each scheme is different so call our customer support team today who will go through the relevant criteria with you and will advise if you qualify for funding.
IF YOU AREN’T SURE IF YOU QUALIFY GO THROUGH OUR QUICK ONLINE ELIGIBILTY CHECKER TOOL AND FIND OUT FOR SURE:
It is important to note that not all grants cover the full cost of the insulation or heating to be installed. In cases where there is a shortfall our surveyors will advise you of this and will provide a clear quote for any contribution you may be required to make.